Looking for advice - staying in Jalan Seririt and Nusa Dua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Presumably you are committed to staying in the South.The diving in Eastern Bali is wonderful and there are some very nice resorts in Tulamben and Candidasa nearer the best diving. Re Penida and Manta Point, reputable dive shops won’t take you there unless the surface conditions are favourable.

Unfortunately, we are committed to stay in the south this time around (we are traveling with another couple). However, we will likely come back in the next year or two to make up for the goof up this year. Would you be able to recommend any good Marriott properties in Tulamben and Candidasa?

I’m not aware that there are any. We have stayed and dived on several occasions with World Diving in Lembongan, Liberty Dive Resort in Tulamben and Absolute Scuba in Padang Bai. All are highly recommended.

I'm not aware of any Marriot in that area either but the rooms are very inexpensive for the most part.

PJ diving - hit and miss. We visited PJ 3 years ago; disappointed, not much to see.
Similarly disappointed with Secret Bay, Gilimanuk - visited August 2018, frozen at 17C water and practically got nothing.

So, if you love muck diving - Tulamben is better choice; but no Mariot or Westin in the area.
If you're looking for luxury Accommodation in Candi Dasa, then you can consider amankila. very expensive, one night at Amankila cost you more than a week accommodation and unlimited diving in Tulamben.

God forbids no Marriott in Tulamben. (That day it opens I'm not sure I'd be back again :( )
Best hotels : Markisa (but away from the village), Siddharta (away in Kubu), otherwise dowtown Tulamben : Tauch Terminal, Ocean View, Liberty Dive resort, I've seen that Mimpi Resort was also open after being closed for renovation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom