Looking for advice on video with the TG-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaVinci Resolve as recommended above. Pinnacle Studio is a really amateur tool without the controls you need for UW video color correction and grading. The “purple” or Indigo Blue as I see it is not a bad dominant color and quiet pleasing to the eye really just the section around 02:40min mark that looked off but easily corrected in DVR.

GoPro is my personal recommendation for UW video - if not a high-end camera.

I currently use a GoPro and shoot in native for WB. I prefer to use Resolve for the corrections and here is a quick clip I did while creating a basic LUT for shallow dives that shows the power of Resolve. Mind you, the white balance, color matching and correction took less than 5 minutes for this shot.

Thanks for the advice! I will be researching all of you ideas and suggestions.

I have no battery problems unless I'm doing 4k video, then it goes so fast is not even funny. I just shot Full HD 60 fps and uprez in Topaz Video Enhance. It gets rid of the halos and improves the quality quite a bit. However. for video I would use a gopro, and the TG-6 for photos.

I do switch batteries before every dive.

However. for video I would use a gopro, and the TG-6 for photos.
GoPro video quality is utterly absymal, and if I wanted to spend that much to get a GoPro with quality video capabilities then I wouldn't be fooling with the TG-6.

It's like I say I'm having issues with my Subaru and someone suggests that I buy a Lamborghini instead.

For the battery life, make sure you turn off the logging in between dives. It will use the battery even when the camera is off.
Of course, "logging" is useless and pointless function

First of all - I like your movie. 2nd, what was your setup on the white balance? To my understanding, for underwater you can set 3 levels and when I've set it on 3, I received that purple look (attached) so I've changed it to Auto white balance. I was using external 2000 lumen torch and on the first set up a blue striped yellow snapper came purple/red

Attachments

• P9280762.JPG
    P9280762.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 29
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom