Looking for advice on regulator set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am a rather new diver and am looking for an affordable regulator setup. I found this setup at Scubatoys and was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on this equipment.

Ive always used rental regs which worked fine, so as long as I can get similar performace, I would be happy. Thanks to all for your feedback.

Tusa Regulator Package, Packages: Regulator, Tusa, Tusa Regulator Package

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I don't have any experience with the TUSA reg. Keep in mind service costs and service availability.

Might want to check the equipment of scuba under Regs.

Remember that Scubatoys offers a 10% discount to Scubaboard members. They also match any online pricing found on other sites.

You also may be able to shop online to find pricing and then take that pricing back to your local dive shop and haggle their prices. They may not exactly match the price, but they may be able to throw in nice freebies as well (free air card, 1st year reg service for free, etc).

I always try to give my local dive shop the business, but I'm not made of money either :)

I think equipment has progressed to the point that it's difficult to determine low end from high end based on performance. They all preform very well, and the difference is measured by equipment that is far more sensitive than any diver.

I'm not big on multi gauge consoles, but otherwise it looks good to me!

Soooo where do you plan on diving? If you plan on cold diving make sure you buy reg certified for cold water or one that has an enviro. kit. Ask how much a kit will cost for that reg.

consider buying just an SPG and a computer. Having data on you wrist and in your field of vision is far more useful than on a stowed hose. You should be able to manage for a similar amount.

FWIW TUSA is the same company the manufactures for Scubapro. I have heard many of their designs are minor variations on older Scubapro models, cannot confirm. Nothing wrong with this as their are few radical changes in design now days. I am with others, consols are a PITA. A basic SPG with a wrist computers works for me but I gues thats personal preference.

I have the RS-130 reg, SS-10 occy and that first stage. No compaints at all. I like the adjustable flow resistance and have had no problems with any Tusa equipment so far. However, apart from the regs I did my OW with, its the only reg I've ever really used, so don't have much to compare to.

Back
Top Bottom