Looking for advice for Micronesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. I would have never thought about the tides. Just wondering if anyone has gone through Tokyo to get to Micronesia and if so any recommendations for there?

Tokyo? yes, you would have to fly to Guam first, you can only get to Yap and Truk with COntinental.

Or, Palau with a couple of different ones, FAT from Taiwan and Asian Spirit from Cebu, PI. Or Continental from Manila or GUam

I live on Pohnpei and am overwhelmed with the diving. Walls, drifts, pelagics, soft and hard corals, you name it. My favorite operator on Pohnpei (PNI) is The Village Resort. Simple boats, friendly crew, very accomidating and go for the Bento for a lunch option. On Kosrae I spent a week last summerr diving thru the Kosrae Village Resort(KVR). They have Nitrox, tech options, amazing corals, great food in the restaurant, friendly staff, ect...

Since Continental Micronesia is the only air option (til Hawaiian steps in) check out a round trip from Honolulu (HNL) either way thru Guam (GUM)(Microneisa Divers Supply, nice shop w/a big schedule). One way would be direct to or from HNL-GUM and the other way on the 'Island Hopper'. On the island hopper you go to Chuuk (Truk Lagoon -Blue Lagoon Resort best bet), PNI, Kosrae, Kwajelin, Marshall Isls(can't get off there), Majuro, Marshall Isls(Bako Divers). I don't know all the airfare rules, but Continental lets you book stop overs on the island/atolls on the route. At least one top over is free. Diving at all or any of the islands would surely give you the opportunity to dive sites seldom seen by divers, a reef all to yourself, an opportunity to see island cultures and, well 'get away from it all'.
Best of luck

I have done a bunch of diving in Guam and Majuro, in Guam go with MDA (Micronesian Divers Association)MICRONESIAN DIVERS ASSN - GUAM & PACIFIC MICRONESIA SCUBA DIVING , they are great, have three Newton boats & good prices on everything.
In Majuro Bako Divers I believe is still up and runnning, but website is down, there is also Marshall's Dive Adventures.
I have over 200 dives each in both places, and I can tell you the diving is outstanding, a lot of people just pass through Guam on there way other places and miss out on some great diving.
As for the Marshall's, some of the best wall diving on planet earth! Absolutly spectacular diving there.
Have fun wherever you dive in Micronesia, but be warned, once you dive there you'll never want to dive anywhere else!

Manta Ray...is the way to go....most likely the only resort that is ON the water...with great boats...small resort so you will not dive with more that 6 people......

Restaurant is a boat and the food is great.....wash tanks are wonderful...plenty and fresh.....camera tables and dive shop great.

Nothing like getting up and having your tank and gear all down at the boat waiting for you.

also they have one of the best locations for Maderin fish dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom