looking for accomodations/job in koh tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padi_quay

Registered
Reaction score
hey everyone,

my girlfriend and i are traveling to koh tao in february, i'm planning on staying out there 6 months to a year. what would be best? book in advance? show up and see whats available? any recommendations on places? are there monthly rates and flexibility on pricing for long term accommodations? i really know nothing about it and hope someone could inform me on how things work out there.

both of us are newly certified padi owsi's and will be trying are hardest to seek employment while we're there as well. if anyone has and information and recommendations on how to go about that, i would be internal grateful. as well, could you please include any other awesome dive locations around thailand that may be better for employment opportunities.

thanks for any feedback and information. just cannot wait to start diving in thailand and enjoying the good foood

steven

show up, hire a bike and then do the rounds for the accommodation

then use bike to drive round the dive shops :) looking for a job

Big Blue are currently looking for full time divemasters.. (already have 3) and languages.. If you're only english speaking OWSI's, newly certified and not willing to do some DM work to get your foot in you might find some walls.

send your cv to jim@bigbluediving.com he'll be straight with you about your chances, he's close to all the other managers on Koh Tao too so he usually has his finger on the pulse of job opportunities.

Other then that.. no need to book anything ahead of time.. get a cheap bungalow and start hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom