Looking for a Sri Lanka liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

Are there any liveaboard operators operating in/to Sri Lanka?
Or would you know of any operators willing to relocate to Sri Lanka for a special charter trip?

I'm looking at charting a diving liveaboard for a special expedition there.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Are there any liveaboard operators operating in/to Sri Lanka?
Or would you know of any operators willing to relocate to Sri Lanka for a special charter trip?

I'm looking at charting a diving liveaboard for a special expedition there.

Thanks in advance

There was an Aggressor boat a few years back but it failed.

There was an Aggressor boat a few years back but it failed.

The Aggressor had some issues mainly because they did not comply with local Sri Lankan marine laws from what I understand.

When I dived HMS Hermes last year there were three Americans at the dive centre who took the place of three of our tech team who had been unable to make the trip. They told us that Aggressor had just told them their trip was off and at that point there was no compensation coming.

I only read the reports but my perception was that there were a lot of competing interests from government/locals that were difficult to satisfy, besides any issues on their part.

Just mention that as regards OP trying to get one there. Seems like much of the diving was deep as well. Google the reports here.

No liveaboards here at the moment, and there are some practical issues in terms of sheltered anchorage, although this can be somewhat less of a problem depending on where and what time of year you plan to dive. Depending on what you plan to do a day boat might work better.

Feel free to PM if you need information. Have experience with research and filming expeditions in SL and I also spent time on the Aggressor so have a decent idea of whats possible and whats not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom