Looking For A Reliable Line Marking Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter69_56

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been looking for a reliable line marking strobe depth rated to at least 100m. Many seem very unreliable and reviews seem to rate most poorly.

Does anyone have any experience with the new "Jotron AQ-4 Mk II LED strobe. They are expensive but from what I have read seem "relatively" reliable. The main complaints for the AQ-4 have been only a 12 hr run time. I am hoping with the new LED Mk II this might be longer?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

I have heard some bad reports about them leaking. Not reliable. What depth have you gone to with it?

Bought one for SO Christmas 2014, it has "hung out" with us on several dives to 200-220 feet. I believe he has used it several additional times, including dives up to 300 ft. Also I believe there is a limited lifetime warranty.

I have heard some bad reports about them leaking. Not reliable. What depth have you gone to with it?

I am looking at 300' max

ok will look it up, thanks

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom