looking for a reasonably priced dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'd actually go higher quality and lower MaH personally, these things are fickle little beasts....

Hi Power Panasonic Lithium 18650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.6V 3400mAh (12.24Wh) - NCR18650B (0.93) - UN 38.3 Passed
such a shame those aren't sold individually

Ultra High Energy LG Lithium 18650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.7V 2800mAh (10.36Wh) - LG ICR18650C2 UN38.3 Passed
I'd go there though worth noting the battery from OEM is protected which adds length, so I'd check the inside of it to see how long the springs are and how much they compress to make sure a non-protected one will still hit both contacts

I saw they were protected, I will see when they arrive how much it compresses - I would think unless it was a real short spring that should still work - I know I can actually but the original batteries that it comes with, but they are $15 plus shipping of $5, so that is a little excessive, and I think I will pick up a dual charger, just easier to pack for dive trips that two single chargers, takes up to much space on an already crowded live aboard

Specs on that light look great. $417.00, 2800 lumen, 4 power settings 120 degree beam and only 6 ounces negative.Nice to see technology and competition driving prices down.

Best of all, I can get you one hell of a deal on a new one!

Scotty,

Missed this one from you earlier. If you get in a pickle and want to get crazy, c'mon over and I'll put you on the lathe and mill. I have plenty of 3" and 4" delrin rod lying around!!

---------- Post added February 14th, 2015 at 05:51 PM ----------

Also, if you want to get really deep, Give Bobby a Call at Underwater Light Dude. You'll remember him and his girlfriend, Xenia, from many a dive with NCDivers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom