Looking for a Nitrox puck to install in older console....Which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barefootdog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have an older Oceanic console.
Want to replace the max depth puck with a nitrox capable puck computer.
Depth gauge puck is 2" diameter (console will go 2 1/8 just under the lip) and is 1" deep.

Here is my question...

What nitrox capable puck style computer can I get that will 1) fit the dimensions noted above and 2) not leave me stranded in violation lock up mode during a dive.

Doesn't matter if new production or something I can buy used. This will be a redundant computer.

Any ideas appreciated.

Puck.jpg

I have a Mares puck that will fit your needs and it should fit quite nicely.

I have an older Oceanic console.
Want to replace the max depth puck with a nitrox capable puck computer.
Depth gauge puck is 2" diameter (console will go 2 1/8 just under the lip) and is 1" deep.

Here is my question...

What nitrox capable puck style computer can I get that will 1) fit the dimensions noted above and 2) not leave me stranded in violation lock up mode during a dive.

Doesn't matter if new production or something I can buy used. This will be a redundant computer.

Any ideas appreciated.

View attachment 198737

I'm pretty sure any computer will go into violation mode and only give you depth and time if you dive in a way that it cannot calculate a solution for.

Appreciate the answers so far. Will look at all suggested pucks.

..Found an Oceanic Data Glo here locally. In apparently near new condition.
Holding off till I get more up to speed and investigate suggestions offered.

Keep the coming..

---------- Post added December 6th, 2014 at 09:52 AM ----------

This should fit: Oceanic Data Plus 2 Pro Scuba Air and Nitrox Scuba Dive Computer | eBay

Better yet, wait for the older Data Plus (one button) to show up.

I'm one of the watchers on this one...Thx

---------- Post added December 6th, 2014 at 09:59 AM ----------

The older Genesis are re-branded Oceanics?

The Oceanic pucks are pretty liberal on no-deco so would be less likely to lock you out. The older ones are harder to set up for nitrox but much easier to change batteries on. We have switched to Veo's but I really liked the easy battery change in the older ones and the Glo's were great.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hot-deals/497015-scubapro-aladin-2g-computer-new-only-$149.html

I think the puck in the wrist mount will fit nicely, if you really want to do that.

That looks like a screaming good deal.

---------- Post added December 7th, 2014 at 09:14 AM ----------

The Oceanic pucks are pretty liberal on no-deco so would be less likely to lock you out. The older ones are harder to set up for nitrox but much easier to change batteries on. We have switched to Veo's but I really liked the easy battery change in the older ones and the Glo's were great.

The Oceanic Glo I have a lead on looks like new.

I have to do a little research on which computers have the most liberal/generous algorithm.

---------- Post added December 7th, 2014 at 09:20 AM ----------

That's what I need to know. Thanks.

Somewhere I saw a chart laying out the various algorithms from most liberal to most restrictive.

Could have been on this forum. Maybe not..

Anyone know where to find it?

---------- Post added December 7th, 2014 at 06:52 PM ----------

Thanks all. Found what I needed to read.

Appears I worded my initial question badly.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom