Looking for a mid-week dive buddy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue32

Reaction score
Hello Texans! :D Does anybody out there want to dive during the week? My job won't allow me to go on the weekends. I'm newly certified so that makes it a little harder to find a buddy as well. I did my checkout dives at Athens SP almost 2 weeks ago and haven't dove again yet. I want to see some fish so bad I can't stand it! I live in the DFW area, near Mesquite. Check out my profile for more details.

Have a nice day! :niceday:

I would love to dive during the middle of the week...especially since summer allows us several hours of daylight before it gets dark (but then there's night diving!).

But the question is where?

Currently both Athens and Clear Springs are only open on weekends. And some of the other local lakes I haven't explored yet, but have not heard encouraging things about them.

Would you have any other "local" ideas?

PS. I have no problems diving with newly certified divers. I learn just as much from diving with them as my instructors.

PPS. I'm a single diver as well, so whenever you need a buddy, get in touch with me.

scuba point at possum kingdom is open during the week. but the visibility isn't very good there. I was at possum kingdom lake last weekend and the visibility was about 5 feet or so (which means you may not see that many fish), and the water was a little chilly.

But even 5-foot vis is still diving... :thumb:

With all the rain that has been happening everywhere but here, most of the major Texas lakes are gonna have not so good vis for a while until it all settles out.

According to the CSSP website it is open on the weekdays by appt. I don't know if there is a minimum number needed to get someone to show up to open the gates or what. I'd love to get some stress relief diving in after work. Blue you live closer to CSSP then we do so it wouldn't take you long at all to get there. I'll shoot Debbi an E-mail and ask. Maybe we can get Cavern to show up too.

TwoBit

Wonder if we could make it a regular thing?

And we could always do one or two of the Bouyancy Anchors each night

Hey, count me in! I can go on midweeks, if need be. Any excuse to get underwater.

Welcome aboard, Blue...it's very nice to meet you and I would be happy to be your buddy if you need one.
:)

Ken

Debbie told me last week that she would be glad to open during the week, just call. If no answer, leave a message and her or Robert would call back.

Weekdays are usually great for me, weekends are tougher.

Looks like more and more we could make it worth Robert and Debbie's while to open up.

When TwoBit and I chatted yesterday evening, it works best for us to dive on Wednesday nights.

Would that work for the rest of y'all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom