Looking for a mentor in Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silt Life

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is there any Spearo in the Atlanta area willing to check out my (ancient) gear and get me set to spearfish this spring? Could use some tips and tricks before beginning this sport and willing to pay for quality instruction if need be.

Is there any Spearo in the Atlanta area .
One of the premiere speargun retail stores is located on Cobb Parkway in Marietta, GA which is very close to you, called Diver's Supply. Not only is their repair shop an expert on most every gun type, they have an incredible inventory of gun replacement parts instock. When you bring your equipment in to be checked, mention that you are looking for an "In-water guide" and they will put you in direct contact with several spearo's that work with that store. Spearo's from all over the country order from them, they are that good.

www.divers-supply.com

Thanks @Johnoly . Never bothered to ask those guys and I am currently waiting for some new fins to come in from them!

Never spear the fish in the head. Learn to freedive. Large spear guns are better suited for large fish and deep water. Buy camouflaged wetsuit. Dive masks are different to the masks used by spear fisherman. Long fins. Post your pics. Identify your fish before using gun. Don't shoot anything that may drag you away. Otherwise you will be forced to cut the line.

Thanks @Johnoly . Never bothered to ask those guys and I am currently waiting for some new fins to come in from them!
I, too, use Diver's Supply in Marietta and never had any idea someone there was a knowledgeable spearo. The staff changed considerably a few years ago, so I wonder if this reflects the new people or the old people?

Unfortunately, no spearos at the Marietta location. Total shop inventory of spearguns was 2. At least my fins were in, so not a wasted trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom