Looking for a light, what do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will preface this post by saying I have no experience using dive lights. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive light. I will be getting my AOW certification and I know I need to get a light, but its main use will likely be during day dives simply as a way to better explore the nooks and crannies and crevacies. I was something that is not too bulky for traveling. I have seen the pistol style for as low as $30 on some websites. How many watts do I need? Do any of those that are good enough for night dives small enough to fit in your BC pocket (which is what I prefer if possible)

Thanks for any advice

I have a scubapro Nova light that I mostly use for poking in holes and for a back up to my canister light. Very nice little light even in daytime. Small and compact.

Hi Scottie,

We just listed our new M2 backup light that's extremely small and compact, its a great light if you're looking to use it for day dives and looking into crevices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom