Looking for a housing for my camcorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apg96

New
Reaction score
I am lloking for a good housing (good to 150ft or more). I have a JVC GR-DV500U. Other than the housing is there anything else i should be getting? I dont need expert stuff but i want a good nice light easy to see picture.

apg96:
I am lloking for a good housing (good to 150ft or more). I have a JVC GR-DV500U. Other than the housing is there anything else i should be getting? I dont need expert stuff but i want a good nice light easy to see picture.
If you get the Ikelite housing, get the add-on mirror so you can see the lcd. If you're considering an Aquatix, Aquavideo or Equinox housing, ask if you can fit a small LCD monitor in the housing, I'm not sure how much space there is once your camcorder is mounted.

None of the electronic housings are worth considering since they can't control your camcorder(no LANC port) And although Gates has a nice external monitor, I don't think they make a housing for your camcorder - and they're "expert stuff" at least pricewise.

Get a red color-correcting filter. It's useful below 15' unless you're buying good lights. Either the CY or the GR depending on whether the water you shoot in is blue or green.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom