Looking for a Good Scuba shop in Melbourne, AUS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EZHOOPS

Contributor
Reaction score
will be traveling to Aus. and want to know of a good dive shop in Melbourne Australia. I know there are probably several. need to purchase a couple of wet suits and other accessories while I'm there.

Thanks, websites, phone #'s or links and names are much appreciated.

I used to live there and I used Aquatic Adventures - they have a great crew. They have 3 shops - Glen Iris (ask for Damian), Rowville, and Rye (ask for Eirin - pronounced Irene). Glen Iris is closest to the city center and Rye is near Portsea which is where we catch the Dive Victoria boat to go diving. Diving in Melbourne ain't warm - 6 and 7 mil wetsuits are the norm, with a fair number of drysuits during the winter months - but they got a lot of wrecks and reefs.

The website is http://www.aquaticadventures.com.au/

Phone numbers are on the site.

You should probably know that dive equipment in Australia is more expensive than in the States - certainly you won't find anything cheaper there. If you are going to buy anything, save for tanks and weights (for the obvious travel-related reasons), best to buy here first and take it with you.

do most dive boats in Aus provide weights? I have an intergrated weight system in my BC.

sorry for the silly question

Not silly at all - I got off a plane in Miami once and went straight to a boat for a two - tank dive. I reserved a tank and assumed they provided weights - big mistake. Ended up scrounging for weight and got to dive, but it was lucky.

Back to your question - Dive boats, even if independently operated, generally have an association with a dive shop. If you need to rent a tank, you'll likely get it from that shop. Ask about the weights when you do your tank hire. You won't get them for free (unless they can't be bothered ringing them up), and the charge is generally by the kilo - say .50/1.00AUD a kilo. FYI - 1 kilo is approx. 2.2 lbs.

Are you looking to dive in Melbourne, or is it more of a stop on your way to another location?

wouldn't mind diving in melbourne, I'm there for about 4 days so it would be nice.

what are your thoughts, anything good to see there :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom