Looking for a good IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sub Q, I run the IDC's and Trimix Instructor training for the Utila Dive Centre on Utila, currently I'm the only resident CD on Utila and take a great pride in the quality we put into our IDC's. I run the program over 11 days as compared to the industry standard of 7 days, compare this whilst shopping around. Group evaluation sizes are never more than 6:1 and our working days tend to be approximately 8 hours per day with additional option extra curriculum sessions in the evening. We aim to do more than just get you through the IE, that we can do within 4 days but as an Instructor who has worked throughout the world and dived in a great variety of environments I know what it takes to be a great Instructor and at Utila Dive Centre we try to create successful Instructors.

In the last 3 years we have trained over 100 Instructors and helped over 70% secure employment within the local dive community in the Bay Islands, the other 30% generally leave the islands after their training.

We have a great facility, team of staff and atmosphere, we believe and love what we do and it shows. Last year we received numerous certificates of excellence from PADI with regards to our IDC's and hold the highest rating as a PADI Career Development Centre. After your IE we'll go out of our way to help you get experience by working with our long term Instructors and getting real world experience, a valubale reference and certification credit with PADI.

If you want some testimonials PM me and I'll give you **************** of some of our IDC candidates from 2003.

I totally understand that costs of going from Divemaster to Instructor are not cheap (around $2000) but compare this to other professions and you'll be amazed at how quick you can get your return on investment, as an example it's difficult to get paid employment as a Divemaster as most DM's work in exchange for their diving but instructors on Utila average $40-$50 per certification they issue, when you consider the average class size in low season is 4 students and in high season 8 students this means Instructors can make a good income even in quiet months. Obviously this will vary depending on the dive operation you work for as there is a big difference in the standards between the schools. I would say that at the top 3-4 dive centres on the island Instructors average $800-$1000 per month low season and as much as $2000-3000 in the busiest months of the year.

If you have any questions or want to get into private correspondence feel free to PM me. You'll love this amazing work!

Best wishes,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom