Looking for a dive shop offering 4 dives a day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingChipmunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

My husband and I are going to Cozumel for a week in Nov, our first diving trip there. We've found a lot of good information on SB and kudos to all the contributers here.

We are hoping to do some high volumn diving while we are in Cozumel. Any recent experience of a diving shop that offered consistent afternoon 2 tank dives, Or you think would most likely offer such service? So far, shops we've contacted have min diver requirement of 3 or 4 for an afternoon dive. The only shop that definitely goes out in the afternoon is Dressel, but we've read some comment here about their "cattle boats", thus are not sure if we should go with them. And BTW, we just found out that Iberostar (where Dressel is based) is sold out on the days we are in Cozumel.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Sue

Try https://www.scubacraftcozumel.com, we just got back today after a week with Andres is great!! We dive Nitrox 100cc tanks when we do 4 tanks. Also its a 6-8 diver boat which we love! There were days when it was just me and my wife. And I know he will go out in the afternoon. You get to dive your tank. We even had someone on the boat that could get 75-80 mins out of a 80cc tank. And he was not asked to come up early. Andres just said sorry, because it caused us more surface time having to wait but we never minded. My wife was having some trim problems out of nowhere and he asked if she would like some help and suggested a solution it worked great. They offer concierge dive service so they hold and wash your gear and it on the boat then next day. I highly recommend him!!

I understand the quest for 4 dives a day but I want you to think some about your safety. Some shops will do three tank days, some shops have steel tanks and just do longer dives and 2 a day.

I can't say for a fact but the larger boats, the big operations generally work on a schedule, the dives might be a bit shorter and shorter SI - they get 4 a day in because of that.

Three good dives a day on Al80's with good SI's is a long day honestly.

If my boat was done, we'd offer you 3 a day but I'm not 100% sure when it will be done and ready.

Three good dives a day on Al80's with good SI's is a long day honestly.

If my boat was done, we'd offer you 3 a day but I'm not 100% sure when it will be done and ready.

It can be hard to find but I like doing 3-tank trips (3 tanks on one trip, not a 2-tank trip and a separate 1-tank trip) as it is usually a better value and lower cost per dive (rate is usually less than 50% more than a 2-tank) and you don't waste as much time on the ride out and back. In Coz, you could always top it off with a shallow shore dive to get #4 and not really add to your nitrogen loading.

My dive Op (scubalifecozumel.com) almost always has a 2 tank afternoon dive in addition to the standard morning dive. It is not designed as a "4-tank" dive but they will drop you off at a beach restaurant between the morning and afternoon trips. I agree with ChuckP that 4 tanks a day may be pushing it a bit. I see that you don't have many dives (<100) so make sure you dive with Nitrox, also take extra long SS's & SI's (most dives are pretty deep). Since this is your 1st trip to Coz make sure and spend time in town, scoping out the restaurants and mingling with the locals. Have fun!

One thing you will see, on a 3 tank trip with a full boat, they might come back to the marina to off load tanks as there isn't enough room in the boat for the extra tanks - that is if the boat is full or near full. And coming back isn't that bad as it's your SI time, sucks for the fuel used though

And there is probably 10 or so boats that have enough room for four tanks per person but that isn't the norm

Hello,

My husband and I are going to Cozumel for a week in Nov, our first diving trip there. We've found a lot of good information on SB and kudos to all the contributers here.

We are hoping to do some high volumn diving while we are in Cozumel. Any recent experience of a diving shop that offered consistent afternoon 2 tank dives, Or you think would most likely offer such service? So far, shops we've contacted have min diver requirement of 3 or 4 for an afternoon dive. The only shop that definitely goes out in the afternoon is Dressel, but we've read some comment here about their "cattle boats", thus are not sure if we should go with them. And BTW, we just found out that Iberostar (where Dressel is based) is sold out on the days we are in Cozumel.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Sue

I can personally recommend checking out Aldora Divers,

I spent 4 weeks diving with them over the summer and had an amazing time. They are one of the top operators on the island and offer a very comprehensive list of services including afternoon dives, multi-tank twilight dives, night dives, and black-water trips. They also go to more remote areas that other operators do not go to like the extreme northern adventure sites and shark caves (3-tank), the east side and Islote, etc. They use steel HP120 and HP100 tanks, do their own air-fills, have a fleet of 8 boats, and have their own affiliated private accommodation as well partner with a number of other hotels/resorts:

Why_Aldora.png

Villa1.jpg

Villa2.jpg

Villa3.jpg

Hope this is helpful! :)

I use Raul - owner/DM of Bottom Time Divers (.net) and my friends have done 4 tanks per day with him. I don't do 4 tanks per day generally. He has a 6 pax boat, Al 80 and 100 and nitrox. I would contact him via the email or call his cell from the contact page and ask. He might go out with two but he will have to let you know.

Try https://www.scubacraftcozumel.com, we just got back today after a week with Andres is great!! We dive Nitrox 100cc tanks when we do 4 tanks. Also its a 6-8 diver boat which we love! There were days when it was just me and my wife. And I know he will go out in the afternoon. You get to dive your tank. We even had someone on the boat that could get 75-80 mins out of a 80cc tank. And he was not asked to come up early. Andres just said sorry, because it caused us more surface time having to wait but we never minded. My wife was having some trim problems out of nowhere and he asked if she would like some help and suggested a solution it worked great. They offer concierge dive service so they hold and wash your gear and it on the boat then next day. I highly recommend him!!
For the record, I suspect you mean cuft rather than cc for the size of the tanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom