Looking for a dive OP to pick me up at Valentin imperial maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

volks_r_us

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im looking for a dive operator who can to pick me up at the Valantin Imperial Maya in riviera maya.
Im sataying there at the moment , This was not a plan diving trip (wife want to visit main land) but I brought all my gear and would love to do a 2 tank dive or more. We are Monday the 27th . if somebody can help would be nice. Im certified OW last dive was in TCI January.

there a dive Op on the resort but it kinda sux I need to arrange everything to get in Cancun. I like trouble free vacation , Already miss cozumel , I know Im spoiled :mooner:

Keep on diving and stay away from the swine :eyebrow:

Hello, did you find a dive operator? I am going to the same hotel 8/19 to 8/23. Does anyone know who the dive operator is at the hotel? I read somewhere it was Aqua World, but when I contacted them, they said they did not.

Thanks,

Steve

Your hotel seems to be right outside Playa del Carmen. So Cancun operators would be quite far away and a really long drive for you. There are numerous dive shops in Playa with quite a few reviews right here on the board. The main problem is the pick-up as you would need a federal license to pick up inside a hotel. But a quick cab ride into Playa or the hotel shuttle service if they provide it would be a super easy way to use any operator in town.

That wold be great but we won't be there until the end of August! Thanks for the ideas. I did find out that the dive operator at the hotel is Aqua World, but they do not dive from there, you have to take a cab to them! Their prices also seem pretty high. I'll poast when I return!

Thanks to everyone,

Steve

I was told that the dive shops can no longer pick up or return you to resorts. Even for Cenote dives, you have to get to the shop yourself & they leave from there.

I'd go with another operator, Steve. AW runs cattle boats, like 20 divers at a time. They look like lemmings jumping off a cliff. If it's not possible, just alerting you on what to expect.

I'll be in Cancun from 8/29 to 9/4. I only get to PDC for cenotes. Hah! And you're a Philly guy to boot! I'm diving with Ben from Mayan Aqua Dive. Maybe we can get a dive in during that time.

Well I did not dive while I was at the Valantine ... ended up too complicated. I am a lazy diver as to be in front of my porch or I wont go next. Learned my lesson in the main land. Will only go back to Cozumel from now on.

No snorkling was possible at the Valantine also. It's not a place for water sport with a mask

Keep on Diving

It is hard to do anything at the All Inclusives. If you come back to Playa and want to dive (which you definitely should) I would recommend staying in town close to everything. That way, whatever dive shop you choose to go with is within walking distance. Plus all inclusive food gets old! Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom