Looking for a Dive Doctor in Denver/Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have recently returned to Colorado and I am looking to for a medical doctor who either is experience in dive medicine or at least is a diver and understands what our environmental and physiological parameters are. I know there are some good doctors out there.

My last dive physical was in Dubai, U.A.E last February so I do not need one right away. I just do not want to be looking for a doctor when I do need one. While I do not have any issues with my health (knock on wood) my GF has asthma. Her asthma is usually brought on by either high pollen or stress. Both of which can be controlled. So if she decides she wants to join me in Poseidon’s realm we want to work with a dive knowledgeable doctor and not a family General Practitioner who can set realistic goals and criteria.

We tried a discovery dive for her when I was doing my PADI AOW while on vacation in Puerto Rico several years ago with calamitous results. I think she took it because I was diving (the old bf – gf scenario where one follows the other) and not because she really want to go diving. Since then we have been taking things slower. What we have done is to start out snorkeling together. After I spent three weeks doing dive training in Utila, I took her to a resort on Roatan and we snorkeled on the reef. After about 10 minutes into the first trip she relaxed and started to have fun. By the end of the week she was snorkeling with the best of them; great confidence builder as well as fun for her. She has hinted that she would like to try diving again; if so we want to do this the right way.

So if anyone could recommend a good doctor we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks SB,

~Michael~

:bounce4::bounce2::bounce3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom