looking for a digi compact with excellent optics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kapula

Contributor
Reaction score
I was about to go with Oly c-7070 but it has only 1:2.8-4.8 aperture range (if that's the correct term). That's the same as on my canon a70 and it sucks :) didn't canon G6 have 1:2.0-3.0? On the other hand at least c-8080 has better optics. Price goes up aswell but that's just the way it is I guess.

You can get an 8080 for 400 or less (depending on the timing of your order - I have seen them as low as 350). Try digitaldelivered.com. I purchased from there with no problems.

If you really want a wide open ap I believe the Oly c5050 is the way to go.

Thanks! I was pretty much going for c-8080 as I found out that 7070 is not the upgraded model of 5050 when it comes to ap. As I ain't living in usa it mite be a bit of a problem to get the camera from most places but I'll check that one out. I found 8080 for 500$ from 17photo.com. That company should be a member of some sort of trustful companies on the net...

Well you can still get the 5050 from digitaldelivered. But I'm not sure how I would rate having f 2.0 and 5 MP versus f 2.8 and 7 or 8MP with a bigger CCD (2/8th as opposed to 1/8th inch).

Never heard of 17thphoto. They may be good, may be bad. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom