Looking for a decent women's wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrengle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for a decent wet suit for my wife. She's rather chesty, and so far the only thing we've found that fits her properly is the Deep See 15/16. A 16 from Mares wasn't even close. Anyone have some info on where to point us? She's about 5'8"...

Thanks

Custom wet suit is the way I went when purchasing a wet suit for my wife.

I have a 3/2 Bare Velocity. It has lots of stretch and accommodates my girls nicely.

Are we talking 3mm or more like 7mm? In my experience, the thicker suit was *much* harder to fit. I eventually found a 7mm Pinnacle suit that works for me (forget the model name, but it's one of the Merino lined ones). Probably, she'll just have to try a handful (guessing using size charts) and see what works.

The BARE Sportswear Elastek is what you want. It is a 100% 4 ways stretch so they will fit anyone, what is her rough wieght. I garentee that the elastek will fit her. This is an amazing suit and she wont even feel like she is wearing a suit. We have them if you would like one your you can email tim@sugarlandscuba.com and I can help you get the correct size.

I have the same problem. I purchased 4 different off the rack suits before I finally gave up and went with a custom suit. It is the best money I ever spent...diving is so much more enjoyable now that I am comfortable. My suit came from www.Aquaflite.com and I was very pleased with the quality and service.

My Girl is a bit Chesty as well. Found a Roxy(Surf Company) Suit online. Great Price and fits her Perfect. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom