Looking for a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timothy Moran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Genesis React Pro which I bought less than 2 years ago. I registered it for warranty. It has 65 dives on it. On the last dive, the battery compartment flooded and corroded everything inside badly. I have never opened the battery compartment until this flooding event. I just sent it in to the manufacturer. I also have an Oceanic Datamax sport (very basic) which I bought 25 years ago. It has over 630 logged dives on it. Changed the battery numerous times, still has the original O-ring, and has never flooded. Still going strong! That's what I consider reliable! If the React Pro can't be fixed, I'm looking for a replacement. Here are my basic criteria:

Puck/module style - no wrist mount
Face button(s) as I mount it in a console. Can't access side buttons.
No hoseless transducer.
No integrated air.
One-piece solid single o-ring battery cover. (No clear cover with a retention/locking ring.)
2 1/4 inches diameter
Nitrox/Air

I guess I would settle for a used unit that meets the above criteria if I can't find something new.
Thanks,
TJ Moran

Thanks for the response.
Pages 92/93 of the manual for the unit shows how to remove the retaining ring and the battery cover - - so from what I can determine, it doesn't meet the 5th criteria I listed above.
I guess I'll keep searching.
TJ Moran

Yah, you're probably right. I used to dive the VEO3. I never had a problem with the few times I opened it up with that system. Good luck with your quest!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom