looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gold4

Reaction score
hello all women divers, finally someplace where its all women all the time, I am looking for a dive buddy, I am married with one child and live in utah,.salt lake city. so if there are any women in salt lake city utah I need a dive buddy because my husband doesnt feel comfortable me diving with men no matter how experienced they are. I want to dive alot this summer so far I have dive in belmont springs ut. the homestead crater in utah and one wreck dive in california. plenty of vacation time avail but need to buddy and to go with, so if there are any utah scuba divers out there please drop me a line. dive experience novice diver advanced open water only. also need nitrox training. and if anyone out there have some good deals on a atmos 2 dive computer I would be interested in that as well thanks everyone :)

My wife also has a bit of a time finding women to dive with . She has a couple of female dive buddys and enjoys going out without the PIA's lol

Hmm, is it still the "wild west" out there in Utah? Oh well.

I find the men out here in Boston to be perfect gentlemen. I have no worries. BUT, if I had any doubt, I would do exactly what you are doing.

Wish Utah was closer to Georgia. I don't have a regular dive buddy, my husband doesn't dive. Most of the women here all dive with their husbands and only go on the dive trips that are scheduled at the dive shop. None dive locally. If I want to dive I have to with the men. Luckily, my husband has not had a problem with that. They all have been very good buddies and so far all of them are married with families too. But, it would be great to have a female regular buddy, seems like the men find themselves regular buddies much easier. Good Luck.

His girlfriend won't let him dive with women.

I sometimes dive with him and another guy. I haven't asked him about this but I assume that and he simply doesn't mention to her that I'm going to be there. Her posessivness is not a healthy thing for her relationship. It would be better for both of them if she would just get over it and let him do the things he enjoys without sneaking around. After all, I haven't seduced him yet and neither have any of our other female diver friends.

You definately don't look your best when you dive:

- start the day with looking like you just woke up, cuz you have (no make-up, hair's a mess or in a ponytail, some people smell)

- Noboday looks good in a hood! (except maybe Daniel Day-Lewis)

- When you surface, somebody always has snots coming down his nose

BUT you do spend the day with someone who you learn to trust with your life. That's a bit of a bond-maker.

last night i was ready to buy airline tickets and reserve a room for a trip to turneffe island, belize, with some friends. then i learned there would 7 of us -- three couples and me.

aaarrgh! i can't take this.

i stayed up most of the night researching trips, and here's my proposal: who wants to go to fiji and spend either 4 or 7 days sea kayaking/camping/snorkeling the yasawa islands, in the northwest. then spend another week diving in whatever part of fiji calls to us. departure: soon. (april/may/june.....)

i went to fiji on the aggressor three years ago and fell in love. this trip would be a great way to get to know the islands a little better, both for a first-timer and a repeat visitor.

anyone? anyone?

fyi: http://www.fijikayaktours.com/tour_info.htm

It sounds fantastic. If you can't find a buddy, maybe the divemaster on the boat will be your buddy. I hear that's a good way to get a great buddy.

Maybe your husband should trust you.

I just went on a 10 day diving vacation with a female and my girlfriend was ok with it. Something tells me you would be filing divorce papers if you even suggested it...

Thats a shame as you are missing out on experiences because of it.

:snorkel: It is hard to find a female dive buddy, im in mn. I really dont know where to even look ,my husband is gone & I have been alittle lost without him for my buddy ,I just go now with the group he hooked me up with & im thankful for them. he got me started & I love the sport .I would like to do more diving , maybe someday I will go with a group other than the one im in. good luck, I feel your pain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom