Looking for a Apex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roaddog

New
Reaction score
Hi guys....and girls...

I'm new to this board........you guys have provided a wealth of info. I'm looking for a Apex 100 to replace my old and tired Posiedon reg. Where do ya'll suggest I purchase one? I live in Austin, Texas......have around 500 dives.....don't exceed 150 ft anymore....well, not as often as I used to......... I am taking my girlfriend, who is a new diver, to Laguna in Utila on Dec. 17 for a week on diving. Thanks for your time and input.......Take Care

roaddog:
Hi guys....and girls...

I'm new to this board........you guys have provided a wealth of info. I'm looking for a Apex 100 to replace my old and tired Posiedon reg. Where do ya'll suggest I purchase one? I live in Austin, Texas......have around 500 dives.....don't exceed 150 ft anymore....well, not as often as I used to......... I am taking my girlfriend, who is a new diver, to Laguna in Utila on Dec. 17 for a week on diving. Thanks for your time and input.......Take Care

Welcome to the board, dog. Yep, there's a wealth of info here, some good info, some other info. Read a bunch and you'll decide who is full of great advice and who is just full of advice.

On to my advice (good or otherwise)... I just chewed out someone on another thread for pushing Zeagle when that had nothing to do with the thread starter's question. But... if you want an Apex design and don't have a local shop that you trust for sales, support and service of Apex, then you may also want to look at Zeagle. The Flathead VI is essentially the same design as the ATX/TX-100, and Zeagle quality and support is second to none. Then you can look at other shops locally or deal with ScubaToys in Dallas. One constant on this board seems to be an appreciation of ScubaToys' quality support. (I personally haven't bought anything from them since 1998 [when the BioFin came out], but wouldn't hesitate if there was something that my outstanding local shop, Castaway Scuba in Orlando, couldn't get for me at a reasonable cost.)

That said, best price on-line for Apex is probably DiveInn/ScubaStore. Good reputation (no personal experience) and an authorized dealer, but they are European, so warranty in the States is probably nil.

I use an Apex TX-100 and think it's great, but I don't do the "use what I use" type of advice.

I used DiveInn, was a very nice transaction. Shipping was exceptionally fast too.
I ordered two sets of ATX100, both DIN, one came yoke.
(actually worked out better for me.....I bought the din adaptor, now I used the yoke when I went to Mexico)

cyklon_300:
... try spelling it as APEKS...you'll get more hits.

Yep, humility time for me. In the past I've laughed to myself at people spelling it Apex, and then I go and do it.

APEKS, not apex…………..Sorry guys….it was late………..

More advice....... I’m scared to ask for ya’lls advice on Regs……… EVERYONE, rightfully, has their preferences……..BUT, I’ll ask again…..What is your preference on regulators. After a lot of research, I have pretty much decided on Apek. Any favorites in the bunch? My current and future diving.....I have worn out my Poseidon. I have multiple other regs and am now looking for a new reg that was built after…..1990. I’m SURE they’ve come a long way….. I used to live for diving………..now……all the damage I’ve done to myself is catching up and I’m starting to slow down…..I’m 46 and might try growing up….. I now dive 20-30 times a year………nothing deeper than 180-190…..in lakes and in BLUE water. Nothing real physical…………….just slow and EASY………..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom