Looking for a 2nt/3day live aboard: similans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having trouble finding a good dive company who offers a 2 night/3 day dive live aboard to the Similans. Any recommendations? Thanks!

PS The only one I've found is Scubacat...any opinions on them?

uniquecreature1:
Hi, I'm having trouble finding a good dive company who offers a 2 night/3 day dive live aboard to the Similans. Any recommendations? Thanks!

PS The only one I've found is Scubacat...any opinions on them?

Hi,
there are many dive centers in Singapore that do these trips. Here is a link for one of them. Cheers.

http://www.bigbubble.com/aboard/colona.html

ps. Am in no way related to this company. :wink:

I did a 2 night livaboard out of Phuket last year. I can't remember the boat, but I originally contacted Scandanavian Divers, who have always been very helpful. They have an office in Patong.

I think there are quite a few operators doing this now - they have boats that stay permanently moored around the more popular Similans and they just whizz you out on a speedboat which connects up every day. It does mean that some of the more popular spots are getting very crowded, but then of course it depends on the time of year.

David

uniquecreature1:

There is quite a few boats available now. I highly recommend SSD3 and SSD4.

SSD3 does Koh Bon on Wednesdays and Sundays and Similans the rest of the week. You can leave any day of the week and stay as long as you want. Very flexible and good value for money.

SSD4 is new and can give you Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richlieu Rock in 3 days / 2 nights. SSD4 is almost exactly the same design as SSD3, just 2 meters shorter.

Let me know if you need any more information.
TJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom