looking at signing up aussies opinion on which school plz help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azza2012

Registered
Reaction score
hello
i am signing up for course but stuck on which to choose there is two large opperators in area (sunshine coast in south east queensland australia.

scubaworld whom do ssi and a free $400 wetsuit at the moment
or sunreef dive whom are padi no specials at the moment..

the wetsuit sale sounds like a bargain but also leaves mw wondering why comp dont do sale to opose it. so aby aussies able to recomend which to go with and why. whats best yo get padi or ssi etc or is the ssi special atm just a damn good deal ?

Scubaworld are a highly professional operation. I can't really comment on the other shop as I have never had any experience with them.
I went the SSI path rather than the PADI as I felt I woudl learn more. They don't have a AOW course per se, you need to do separate courses to add up to the AOW certification. That's the main differnce at the rec level.

They're both good professional operations. Do some research into how SSI do things, v's how PADI does it. Pick the way you like. Meet the people involved, decide who you like/think will be best for educating you. Look at there boats & rental equipment, see if you have a preference.

What make of wet suit, & how thick.

I have dived with both, but not done any training with them. Scubaworld is my preferred operation up there. Very organised and professional team. Good boat and nice people. I believe the wetsuits are 'neptune' brand.

As the others have said it really comes down to the instructor. Talk to both and go from there. There is a thread on here called http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...ng/287780-how-find-excellent-scuba-class.html

If you don't want the wetsuit you could try asking for some cheap dives after your course or something like that. There is some great diving up there, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Back
Top Bottom