Long term parts forecast for Flathead-VI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus357

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to pickup my first regulator and I've been looking at the closeouts on the Flathead-VI. It has the features I want and is from a company that supports, at least somewhat, the idea of end user maintenance.

I'll be doing most of my own equipment servicing, so I was wondering what the long term (5 - 7 years I guess) forecast for parts availability for this regulator? Do I need to get all the repair kits I'll ever need right now or will Zeagle maintain an inventory?

From what I can tell, the ZX second stage is still used on the current crop of regulator systems, so I imagine I'll be able to get parts for that component for a while.

The service kits are the same for all Zeagle 1st stages but the rezort/razor thing so the service kits will remain available for a very long time.

As for the internal parts...
They are all available and will remain available indefinitely.
They only part that may get hard to find may be the body or diaphragm clamping ring.

They only part that may get hard to find may be the body or diaphragm clamping ring.

Hey Gibby, if they do discontinue the ZX second stage, is it safe to assume that the Z body and clamping ring can be put in their place if I was to break one?

We are not discontinuing the ZX second stage anytime soon...and I believe that Gibby was talking about the first stage.

And to the original poster - like Gibby said, the parts kits are the same, so you have no need to worry about availability!!!!

We are not discontinuing the ZX second stage anytime soon...and I believe that Gibby was talking about the first stage.

And to the original poster - like Gibby said, the parts kits are the same, so you have no need to worry about availability!!!!

I must have read that before I actually woke up, makes sense now. On a side note Scott, is there any chance that the 50D first stage might be modified to have an additional LP port on the bottom of the turret? That would make doubles hose routing really nice.

Jim

I know what you're thinking Jimmer.
I've thought the same thing a hundred times.
An LP port on the turret would not work with the current internal configuration.
Their isn't enough meat on that bolt to plumb a LP hole.
The other side is all high pressure.

Maybe one day Scott can get me back there on the Zeagle CAD machine and we can design a 1st stage made for doubles hose routing.:eyebrow:
We'll call it the GibbyHead 8!

Thanks to everyone that supplied some info!

I realized after the fact that the product listing on the Zeagle Express site indicated that the parts kits were universal, but it helps hearing it from the horses may so to speak.

Thanks again.

And it never runs out of hot air!

Back
Top Bottom