Long Day of DMC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scadreau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was at the lake on Saturday accompanying my Instructor on 3 dives with a student for AOW. During their surface intervals, I got the privilege of doing my stamina swims.

After our first dive to 62' (Deep), I got to do the 400 swim. It was brutal as I was fighting a good wind. (3) Then I got to swim back because it was 400 one way to a marker buoy.

Next up was our Navigation dive. Then I got to conquer the 800 fins/snorkel/mask. 1/2 out with the wind and in against it. I think he planned it this way! (5)

Some neighbors managed to lose some gear so my instructor and I did a quick S&R to find it for them. Then we took the student on the S&R dive for AOW. Good times as I love that dive. Upon completion, I did the 100 tired diver against the wind. (5)

When I get to shore, my instructor (in his infinite wisdom) decides that we should do the rescue scenario too because I certainly hadn't suffered enough for one day. Back out we go (about 100 yards again although I am certain the book says 25) so we can swim back against the wind.

At least he let me wait until Sunday morning to do the float/tread in the pool. (5)

Overall it was a good day. I fared well on the tests and I know he pushes me hard because he is confident I can handle it. I can say that I haven't slept that good in quite a few months.

LOL, sounds like my own DMT stamina day... waves flooding my snorkel on the 800 and the outgoing tide making it harder for me to swim back to shore... the instructor at the beach snack hut watching me during his surface interval. I was exhausted, but pleased at having accomplished it. It's a confidence builder to work so hard on just one day and still do what you need to do.
Well done to you, and congrats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom