Logging Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...subsurface is good. Given it's an open source app (started by linus at that) and it is able to export into other formats (or other apps are able to import it's format) I have no problems with it.
That's a key thing about it not suddenly going away, being open source you can download the sourcecode if you ever really felt the need or desire to contribute. No company behind it, just a team of contributors.

I used to be an avid logger of dives - every dive and copious amount of notes. Then SSI went digital -- so now a good portion is handwritten logs and then my newer dives were logged on the SSI website. I was not about to go and log almost a 150 previous dives on the SSI website just to stay current. BUT.....I do manually log any dive that falls outside of what I call my normal parameters (I.E. - sucked more air than normal, any equipment problems, what person I dove with since I tend to be a solo diver, etc that way I can look at those records and see how it affected me.)

And now that I have my little Puck Pro (which I love) I really dont need to write them down. I did however, log my dives from Roatan. because I knew I would one day go back. The only problem now is that sine my thyroid went wonky I will not be able to follow what weights I used before and such. It will be interesting to see what my bottom time and such is going to be with the added weight.

But I will say this, mannually logging dives and keeping accurate records does keep one knowledgeable incase one is ever without a computer to do it for you.

@RobPNW -- I looged my dives with SSI so I could update my card, but...………...I never go around to updating my card. In fact my SSI dive card is the one that was issued way when from my checkout dives.

@Belzelbub -- I never found a way to do it either so I stopped input my logs on the webiste

Does SSI allow export of the data in a common format? IIRC GDPR may require it, but a more common option would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom