Log books -what do you use ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Folks I've been using the Padi Issued log book to log my dives.Can you buy a more robust version of the same thing -ie with profile depth etc pre printed?
Also I thought I would transfer the dives logged so far into the new book. For my own peace of mind though How do I show the OW and AOW logged dives?

When I did my OWD course, the course material included a SSI log book.
I've scanned a blank log page and make copies of it.
With time I've done with MS Power Point my own log page similar to the original SSI page but with some minor modifications to add information and remove unused points.

I print my own customized pages using a word doc

I download my dives from my computer and every so often print them out and put them in my logbook. I keep some blank logbook sheets for trips, when I know I may forget details before I get home to download.

Most divers I know use the small notebook style logbook enclosures with the zipper. I assume they buy the hard pages somewhere. They keep their C cards in the file on the left side. I have always been too cheap to buy one of those..and I have gotten used to buying the smaller paper log books made by PADI or SDI. Illogical, but it works for me.

Doesn't have a profile per se, but is small, waterproof and keeps track of the important stuff.

Aqua Explorers Logbook

Dive_log_bookAELOG1.jpg

All the best, James

All electronic for me.
I download profiles from my dive computer to an application called MacDive.
The log gets synced up with Dive Log on my iPhone.

Backing up everything is easy.

I'm with BubbleTrubble -- I use an Excel spreadsheet. Easily modifiable. I just make paper logs when I'm on a trip and enter them in later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom