Log Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

logging your dives should be like waking up every day. People who were taught the correct way will always log their dives. It also show the dive shop that you are going with that you are qualified to do the dive that you are on. For some people it will save you alot of money in the long run.Enjoy your dive and dive the plan always.

I'll never stop logging my dives. Every dive is an experience. I like to go back into my log and look at previous dives and see how I've progressed since I've started, whether it's using different gear configurations, air consumption, etc. It's just a personal choice for me and It's something that I can show my children one day. I've been here and dove this type of thing. That part is more sentimental value than anythinig else I guess.

I have always logged my dives. My husband calls me a compulsive packrat. One day when I'm a little old gray haired lady I want to be able to pull out my massive collection of PADI log books and be able to redive all my experiences. If I do a stretch where I dive the same area I will find something to comment about. I write my opinions (which I always have plenty of opinions). I evaluate gear for likes and dislikes, changes that need to be made. I opine about the dive operators and the boats. What works weight wise and what doesn't. Class observations on what we can do better when we teach a student and what worked really well.. There's alot of stuff that happens on a dive that seem small, but can be valuable down the road. Keeping a log helps remember that stuff. Plus as I write my log a few hours or a few days after the dive, my husband and I sit and just go over the dive and we help each other recall things of importance. It's a chance for us to just relive the dive again together since he's my only dive partner. Thenagain, I am just a packrat that has kept all my old dive logs and will continue to do so

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom