Log Binders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littleguppie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am in the market for a new log book (my blue PADI student book got rained on and ruined). In light of this, I'd also like to get a log binder. I was looking at these two when I noticed one of the reviewers mentioned the binder WAS NOT waterproof. I started looking around and I don't think any of them are typically waterproof, are they? Any log binders you'd recommend? I think I will still use the bond logs versus loose pages. I think those could tear or fall out. Here is what I was looking at:

3-Ring Binder Log Book, Amphibious Outfitter - Haven't Lived from LeisurePro.com

Buy Innovative dive flag binder LB-0200 with reviews at scuba.com

Thoughts?

I'd use a simple half page three ring Vinyl Folder and then order some water proof paper. Print with a laser jet on both sides and hole punch... For the price of one of those name brand things you can make 5 of your own... Here is a place to get waterproff paper: Inkjet Printer Paper | The Web's Best Selection of Waterproof Papers With the space pen you could even do your loog book underwater...

I am in the market for a new log book (my blue PADI student book got rained on and ruined). In light of this, I'd also like to get a log binder. I was looking at these two when I noticed one of the reviewers mentioned the binder WAS NOT waterproof. I started looking around and I don't think any of them are typically waterproof, are they? Any log binders you'd recommend? I think I will still use the bond logs versus loose pages. I think those could tear or fall out. Here is what I was looking at:

3-Ring Binder Log Book, Amphibious Outfitter - Haven't Lived from LeisurePro.com

Buy Innovative dive flag binder LB-0200 with reviews at scuba.com

Thoughts?

Yeah, none of those two are waterproof. Amphibious Outfitter's makes some nice binders but they're so big and bulky. Let my reiterate that, "they are HUGE!"

What do I recommend? Check out-->
Dive-Logs.com - Dive Logs compact scuba binder

Another vote for dive logs, I have the middle sized "Dive Logs" one, with custom pages, and got some gear tags and a stamp to boot ... good company :)
They have a smaller, Personal Organizer sized one too

I'm sort of in the same predicament. I have a nice log book (padi blue...). We are going to Coz this winter and I figure I might as well buy a log book binder..just to save it from water damage.

Dive-Logs.com - Dive Logs compact scuba binder

The above link seems like the only "Water Proof" but they ship it from London....

Any USA dealers (sorry no offence UK folks!)

no US dealers that I know of, but I got fast and personal service from them

Just ordered 2...!

You can go to Office depot or any office store and get a very nice 3-ring day planner binder and replace the calendar section with your dive logs. The nice part is they usually come loaded with card holders (handy for the cert cards and dive shop cards), pockets (good for the slates), pen holders and other goodies. Tons to select from as well.

I picked up a black leather binder for $6 and it works great. It just doesnt say 'dive' on it, but I'm sure you could iron on a patch or even put stickers on them.

I use a ziplock bag inside of a ziplock bag. It isn't the prettiest thing but it holds my book, tables, cards etc. As a backup I also download my dives off my computer and include any notes I made in the paper logbook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom