Lock Ups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgerman95

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been getting a lot of lock-ups here lately. Has anybody else been reporting this problem.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0. :togo:

Not I - Using IE 6.0 on Windoze XP box

I've been having troubles too since the pictures were added. Now it takes a lot longer to load, when I hit refresh, the pics never come back and I also lose the ability to "reply" to PMs. Basically I have to shut my browser and start again.

I'm also using IE 6.0.

Diverlady

diverlady:
I've been having troubles too since the pictures were added. Now it takes a lot longer to load, when I hit refresh, the pics never come back and I also lose the ability to "reply" to PMs. Basically I have to shut my browser and start again.

I'm also using IE 6.0.

Diverlady

I have had the same problem with the new template incorporating the gallery pics at the top. I've had to switch to the no-gallery template, and the problems go away. The computer at home seems to have no problems, though. We're still using IE 5.50 here :(

Same problem for me. IE5. Have to close the browser and reopen. And sometimes it doesn't even load correctly on the first try. Just hangs trying to load image files. Messes up the table sizing as well -- ends up way too wide.

This upgrade hasn't been much of an upgrade. Pretty annoying lately...

Yes, I've had problems with table sizing as well. If I can only get this system to upgrade to a later version of IE I think the problem would go away.

1 - Have you mdofied your postbit templates? If so did you revert them after upgrading to RC3?
2 - When you upgraded to RC3 did you make sure to upload the vbulletin-style.xml from RC3? If not please go to your admincp and import the vbulletin-style.xml from RC3

3. RC4 should be available in the next few days.

HTH and keep up the great work :)

warren_l:
I have had the same problem with the new template incorporating the gallery pics at the top. I've had to switch to the no-gallery template, and the problems go away. :(

I agree that the problem for me has to do with the gallery. With the gallery visible, I get lots of lock-ups. Without the gallery, it runs without complaint. How do you set it to always use the "no-gallery template"?

There's an option in your control panel. If you go to "edit options" there's a drop down box to let you choose the template. Just choose "ScubaBoard No Gallery Style".

Simple solution for all of you having problems loading the extra photo content... at the very end of every page is a drop down in the left corner that lets you select your template. Switch to the "no gallery" style and the photo tables won't be included!

Back
Top Bottom