locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thrillissues

Registered
Reaction score
Live in leesburg Florida- Staioned in Serbia for a
Where should I go?! I get my R&R out of this S^$#hole next week and I really want to go dive. I can go any where in the world on the governments check book. SO far my options are go home, or go to the red sea. I can go any where as long as I am Back here in paradise ten days later. Any other suggestions?

Thrillissues:
Where should I go?! I get my R&R out of this S^$#hole next week and I really want to go dive. I can go any where in the world on the governments check book. SO far my options are go home, or go to the red sea. I can go any where as long as I am Back here in paradise ten days later. Any other suggestions?

If you're in Serbia now go to Croatia. Excellent wreck diving there and the Med gets a two thumbs up for vizibility.

The other obvious option is Egypt for some of the best diving in the world.

R..

I may be too late replying to you, and if so, I hope you are enjoying your R&R somewhere warm. I'm an ex-pat living in the former Yugoslav Republic at the moment, and understand what kind of experience you may be looking for. Diving in Croatia is pretty good, due to excellent vis., and the season runs roughly from May or June to the end of September. The water can be pretty chilly in the beginning of the season, but most shops have 7mm wet suits for the cooler months if you don't already have one.
I took a trip in February to Thailand, and it was the most wonderful experience. The people, dive boats, food, and courses I took (Rescue and EFR [PADI]) were the best I've ever experienced, and it was cool to just to go somewhere way different than Europe or US. I asked around, and the divers there said they would move on to experience the Red Sea at Sharm next. I think I will too, but in the meantime, my hubby and I will rack up our dives in Croatia this summer. It's all good!

Thrillissues:
I have friends that are dive instructors in the Maldives, Velavaru to be exact. From the pictures they have sent me and what I've seen on the web it looks pretty awesome. Check it out for yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom