Local NJ diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone been doing any diving in the NJ area?

I live in Long Branch and would love to get some shore dives in. any recommendations?

So not to be funny but I dove off shore this weekend - 74ft down and I would say 5 to 8 foot viz. The tropical storm whose name I can not type or pronounce really made a mess of the viz.
Give it a week or two - the two most popular spots are Maclearie Park and the Railroad Bridge in Manasquan - when you get your sea legs the inlets are a blast but I would say get a few dives in the back bays first. Then you need to be careful or go with someone that understands the tides and dive times for the inlets. If you need more info give me a shout and go over this website => New Jersey Scuba Diving you will find it very helpful.

Hello everyone, I’m going to be in LBI from 8-29 to 9-3. Iv never dove the area but am planning to when I’m there. If anyone would like to meet up.

I'm going to Maclearie Park this Saturday morning. If you want to do a buddy dive let me know. I was planning on spearfishing.

I'm going to Maclearie Park this Saturday morning. If you want to do a buddy dive let me know. I was planning on spearfishing.
Sorry but I’m out till the end of the month when I head to lbi. I just got off the phone with Garry from the vessel DinaDee II from the island he sounds like a super awesome guy and rates are killer. $125 for a two dive day.

Allenhurst Jetty can be an OK ocean dive with easy entry. IF calm seas and you get there early for street parking. Watch the one ways and no parking signs.....(and it's not even Long Island....).

We've been getting really good visibility here in the northeast lately. For some reason the top 65-70' or so has been crystal blue and perfect vis of about 65'. Down on the wrecks it is closer to the average 15-20' and green. It's truly a sight to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom