Local HP Steel 100 or 120 for rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm interested in trying out some different tank sizes, mostly just out of curiosity.

Anyone know of anywhere local to GVRD that rents out HP100 or HP120 tanks?

Thanks,
-Tom

Cool, thanks for the info!

You don't want the HP120s, unless they are a different brand than what I have which are shorter and fatter. I have the X-7 120s and they are tall. I am 5'10" and the bottoms of the tank sit on my butt during the dive. I don't mind this though as I trim out nicely in them. I have them twinned up right now. They are about 1" if not more taller than an AL80.

The 100's are a real nice size. I have them also as well as the baby 80s. You will like the 100s and that is what I would recommend.

the steel hundies are ALWAYS out
esp for the weekends no matter where you go.

Yeah the 120's appear to be 2" or so taller than an AL80. I see Worthington (i think) makes a 119 that is shorter and fatter.

Does seem like hp100 is a good spot. Either way I'll probably try whatever I can get my paws on when I get the chance.

Not planning to run out and buy tanks just yet, but interested in trying different things to check out the differences.

I am thinking of selling my 100's and upgrading to 119's. 120's are too tall..(for me anyway)

The 100s are shorter than the AL80, they are a very nice size and sits well on most people.

the 119's and the 100's are the same height, just 8" instead of 7 1/4"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom