Local Fl knowledge help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to get on the Tenneco Towers before Saturday. Any Ideas? There is/was one seat left on the 30 seat Prodive boat today, but that sounds horrible. I'm thinking I would rather do the Captain Dan this this afternoon on Avid Divers' sixpack boat. Any opinions? How's the current, generally, on the Tenneco Towers? At least on the Captain Dan there is some shelter.

Todd on American Dream is doing Tenneco on a Saturday afternoon dive. The currents on Tenneco range from zilch to interesting, but it's a tethered dive anyway.
The Captain Dan is ok - almost anything sounds better than diving with 30 people off a cattle boat though. Oliver runs a good op at Avid Divers.

Tom Winters:
Todd on American Dream is doing Tenneco on a Saturday afternoon dive. The currents on Tenneco range from zilch to interesting, but it's a tethered dive anyway.
The Captain Dan is ok - almost anything sounds better than diving with 30 people off a cattle boat though. Oliver runs a good op at Avid Divers.

Hey Tom:

I'm going to be there in two weeks and hoping to get on the same site as Evad. What do you mean by a "tethered" dive? Is it a buoy marker, whose line you descend/ascend or a drift with flags?

Thanks in advance,

They tie off to the wreck first. Not as much of a rush as an upcurrent free drop, but easier for all concerned.

Thanks for the info. I may adjust my itinerary to accomodate. Captain Dan was really good. Almost no current and great vis. Very good captain and pick-up buddies.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom