Lobsters 3 divers ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanBMW

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It has been a tough day in the Keys for the 2 day Sports Season. As reported in the local Tampa Trib, three dives have died in their pursuit of the lobsters. I'm sure that others will be able to post details soon.

Sounds like one, an uncertified diver, ran OOA and tried to ditch his weight belt to go to the surface, but instead ditched his kit and kept the weight belt. That is one we might read about in Lessons for Life.

Such a shame, but not a surprise.

scubapolly:
Such a shame, but not a surprise.
:11: What the heck is going on down there? I see the one guy was not certified, so I can imagine what happened. But,the other 2?
Does this kind of thing happen every year during lobster mini-season :confused:

Matt P:
Does this kind of thing happen every year during lobster mini-season :confused:

Pretty much. Lots of boats on the water being operated by people who have never been in a boat before in their life. Lots of alcohol, and lots of people with bug fever.

Matt P:
Does this kind of thing happen every year during lobster mini-season

Ahh Matt, you spoke too soon and haven't seen anything yet...

Want to guess what's going to happen on Sunday August 6th which is opening day of regular season?? Just image it. A beautiful day with the family barbequeing at the beach, dad and son, who have already kicked back a couple of beers, untie the boat and push off with all 12 of their family members in it. They'll dive to get some lobsters to put on the grill at the beach, but neither of them have been diving in over a year and they have duct tape over one of the hoses because it's leaking.

I think August 6th will kill more divers than both days of mini-season combined, let alone there will be a waiting line at the chambers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom