Lobster in the Vero area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diehl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where is a nice place for Lobster in the Vero area? I live in Vero and I'm getting certified next month was going to do a lobster dive once certified

Not sure about Vero but Fort Pierce has some hot spots. Pepper Park (no spear fishing allowed), the Inlet Park these are the one's I know of.. I was doing a check for you on Vero, here's what I found; Monster hole in the Sebastian Inlet State Park (big Lobsters) I suggest to pick up a book called "Diving Guide to Florida Underwater" by Ned DeLoach, he lists each area of Florida, tells you what to expect, and weather or not the dive is advanced or not. Hope some of that helps.

Deer Hunting or Bass fishing. Good spots change and if I knew a real good spot I'd certianly not post it here!

I have seen some here and there all up and down from Pepper Park up to the Boiler wreck and Whew that is one LOoooNG drift dive!
*jk*

LEt me know if you are buddy(less) for shore diving in this area.. i have been looking for someone to carrythe flag :wink:

seriously though I work a rotating scheldule and dive during the week one week and the weekend the other.

Please be careful when lobstering once you just get certified. Divers sometimes tend to get get task loaded and focused on the hunt and loose track of important things like how much air they have and how long they have been down.

CHECK YOUR GUAGES OFTEN!

I got an email from DeepSix in Vero, and they said the vis is 15-20 feet. I sure I didn't have a launch to get off the ground. I'm ready to take the kids bugging...

Pepper Park usually has bugs.... Wabasso is great if the vis is good.

I am up for a Pepper Park dive about anyday. VERY easy. Depth 15' and a swim off the beach. I work midnights so you got to give me until about 1300 to get some sleep in unless that is a day I am off. Say when I 'll meet you out there.

Orlando Eric:
I am up for a Pepper Park dive about anyday. VERY easy. Depth 15' and a swim off the beach. I work midnights so you got to give me until about 1300 to get some sleep in unless that is a day I am off. Say when I 'll meet you out there.

I was hoping to take my daughter bugging tomorrow, but Lockheed can't seem to get that rocket off the ground. Another scrub tonight, and we're going to try again tomorrow. Ugh! That's the one thing I hate about my job...

Since I'm working the weekend, maybe I can get a day off sometime this week....

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom