LOB - Dive cruise in Komodo November 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a dive boat in order to make a dive cruise in the KOMODO island. Who can recommend me one and what are the +/- of such an operation. Thank you.

We will be on the Adelaar in November. They had some good reviews.

I've been in Komodo 3 times, once with Mermaid 1 in August going from Bali to Komodo & back, twice with MV Tarata in June & December. All 3 trips were fantastic.

MV Tarata provides a shorter trip (a week & just around Komodo) & is less expensive. You find its schedule from Grand Komodo website: Schedules & Rates

Sailed with Adelaar back in August (and back in 2009 before the refurb). I would have to give 5* on the ship, 4* food, and 5* crew. It's luxurious but informal, friendly and relaxed. I thought it was priced well below what I would have expected to pay for these types of accommodations. They sail year round to Komodo (from Bali) so they really know the area well and they have small dive groups 4:1.

Back
Top Bottom