Liveboard options - Colona VI vs. Giamani

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wing

New
Reaction score
Hi all!! I'm quite new to the diving scene here and I'm currently thinking of diving in the Similans in Dec/Jan. Having done some research (this forum is very useful!) I've narrowed down my choices to Colona 6 and Giamani.

There aren't many reviews of Giamani (probably becoz its quite new) and I've heard Colona is a fun boat to be on. However I've noted that the air-cons on Colona can't be individually controlled. As I've never been on a liveaboard before, I'm wondering if this normally causes any major problems (i.e. will I likely be suffocated by stuffy air in the middle of the night =p)?

Any general feedback/comments on the two liveaboards will also be greatly appreciated - thanks lots~

Wing

Winnie, is that you?

There are several trip reports on Colona 6 on the forum such as:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/thailand/237062-trip-report-similan-islands-colona-vi.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/thailand/233150-travels-thailand-phuket-andaman-sea-2008-a.html

It's been around for about 8 years, always well run, good crew.

Giamani was all new last year, actually run by the same people as Colona 6. Newer boat, small group like Colona 6, I don't think I could say one is better. Whichever suits your dates best!

Jamie

Have to agree with Jamie. Colona has the advantage that you can stay on the same boat for 2 days/nights Hin Daeng, or can make a 6 days trip.

But boat and group wise (and price wise) they are very much comparable.

Back
Top Bottom