liveboard - nov/dec - 7 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_star

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I am looking for recommendations on a liveaboard to either similiars or similians and burma? Is it worthwhile doing a trip that includes burma? I am looking for something with a budget of $150-200(usd) per day. So far I have only see recommendations for short/budget boats. Are there any going out longer in the budget range?

Very nice boat, check Philkade, but a bit more expensive than seastar's indicated budget. At the moment, together with Ocean Rover, Philkade is the most luxurious boat sailing around (at least on a scheduled basis).

Stevenl, Thanks for the links I will check them out. I think the Philkade is more than I can spend :( Not sure why it would be worth it coming from Canada...

Maybe we will need to rethink and go on a shorter trip. Have you heard of A-1 or Alladin?

Sea Star,

Everyone rationalizes spending money differently, but if your already spending money on the airfare, taking the time to fly out and find your way to Phuket, why not go the extra step. An additional appeal may be the smaller number of divers and the ability to avoid being with large crowds. I'll post a follow up once I am back from the trip.

AZ

An additional appeal may be the smaller number of divers and the ability to avoid being with large crowds.
As mentioned, Philkade is a very nice boat, but this argument makes no sense. Most of the boats mentioned above will have less divers than the Philkade.

Alladin is very, very basic. Considering what you're spending already, I would personally try to make the whole liveaboard experience a bit nicer.

I did not know that! I thought the Philkade had fewer divers than most of the others. Reading over the website (below) all of the boats you mention carry more divers, except the Nautica (10). So when factoring in airfare, number of divers & time I think paying a bit more is worth it. Freedom of choice is a good thing.

"Philkade is 97ft (29m) long and takes a maximum of 12 to 13 divers on board."

http://siamdivers.com/dive/philkade/index.htm

Philkade takes 13, the Nautica 10 but that will probably be 12 next season, Mermaid I 12, the Colona 14, so all more or less the same. The Mermaid II and Jazz take max 16, so just a bit more.

I'm not saying the Philkade is not worth it, but if somebody gives a certain budget, I give options within that budget. New option: Giamani.

Okay, you are correct. More or less the same with regard to the number of divers. Have you been on most of these liveaboards you mention?

Thanks for clearing it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom