Liveaboard, Which is Best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divekraz:
I didn't go on it but there's been a few posts of people who did or will be going on it

divekraz, by "It" did you mean the Thorfin? or the Aggressor? Do you want any comments about the Thorfin?

Barracuda2

Barracuda2:
divekraz, by "It" did you mean the Thorfin? or the Aggressor? Do you want any comments about the Thorfin?

Barracuda2
Was referring to the Aggressor, or the Turks explorer not the Thorfin. Thanks

Too bad your links gone bad- I just looked at the sked for the Nautilus looks to me like a really nice boat and floats where I want to dive.

diveborg:
I can't compare the aquacat to any of the others, but I can share photos of the Nautilus Explorer. I went on a trip on the Nautilus in 2003 to Barclay Sound in British Columbia. Fantastic setup for cold water diving. The food was good, no bucket to scrape into.

Trip Report

Photo Gallery

Hope this helps,
Bruce

Barracuda2:

Barracuda2
The only liveaboard I've been on is the Aquacat out of the Bahamas. It was right after the hurricane last yr and wasn't thrilled on how the company treated us.

I've done two Nekton trips one on each boat. They are not pretty boats but comfortable. Food was good but nothing fancy. Good diving and crew was fun and professional. The Swath technology really does make a big difference if your prone to seasickness. I slept soundly and no one on the whole boat had any trouble with seasickness. My first liveaboard was a Blackbeards and there wasn't any really heavy seas but a couple of people still had to feed the fish. I have trouble when sitting hooked up to a mooring or at anchor doing the bob and and weave. Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom