Liveaboard recommendations from what's still available for Raja Ampat in Nov/Dec 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xyn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll begin by saying that I know I'm booking super late - I will unexpectedly be in the area and thought I would try take advantage of it. The boats mentioned all have availability for my dates. Many other popular ones do not, so I haven't listed those.

I'm hoping to do my first liveaboard trip in Raja Ampat in December. I've previously been, but stayed at a resort. I'll be travelling alone, so sharing a room.

I'm looking for something reasonably luxurious, good food, good equipment (I will be renting most of mine) with a low diver/guide ratio. My budget is around $650-$700/day. And, of course, since I'm booking kinda late, somewhere that isn't fully booked.

I'm a nerd, so I have spreadsheeted this up, to make sure I'm taking into account all the extra costs beyond just the sticker price (things like fuel surcharges, marine park fees, etc etc). From that, they're all roughly in the right range.

For a lot of these boats, their websites don't have very many pics/much on them, and I can't really find reviews or trip reports.

Does anyone have strong positive (or negative!) feedback on any of the following? They're all priced into the upmarket range from what I've seen browsing. Are they about equivalent in experience/niceness/vibe?

These are the boats I found with availability:
  • Mermaid I
  • Coralia (waiting to hear back about a cancellation they've had)
  • Amira
  • Adelaar
  • Ilike
  • Solitude Adventurer
  • Emporer Harmoni
  • Ambai
  • Seahorse
Full price details, links to their websites, etc. in my spreadsheet.

Dewi Nusantara has availability all month, if you can do an 11-day trip.

Dewi Nusantara has availability all month, if you can do an 11-day trip.
Out of my price range unfortunately :( any experience with the boats I mentioned above?

I was on Coralia in April. First class. Boat, crew, guides, cruise directors, food all 10/10. Oh, the diving was off the hook, too.

Reactions: xyn
I wrote a trip report. A few others for Coralia on Undercurrent, as well.

I love Seahorse! That said, it's a smaller boat, which is why I like it so much.

It used to be much lower in price range too. Another reason that I liked it so much.

I liked the food, the crew and the dive deck.

It's almost guaranteed several of the boats will have last minute cancellations; I'd monitor their socials from 60 days out to pick up a discount price.

I love Seahorse! That said, it's a smaller boat, which is why I like it so much.

It used to be much lower in price range too. Another reason that I liked it so much.

I liked the food, the crew and the dive deck.
Thank you!

It's almost guaranteed several of the boats will have last minute cancellations; I'd monitor their socials from 60 days out to pick up a discount price.
Thanks you, that's good to know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom