Liveaboard: Raja Ampat or Papua New Guinea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you decide on PNG, we are heading down in 2010. Go here for details, there are still plenty of openings.

Gary
Eeeerrrhhhh..... I am a backpacker (I mean that I am also diving with my own gears) so is it only for high prices or did u find a cheap way to go and stay over there ? I'd already be somewhere in east Asia if I decide to go there.
When would you go exactly ?

Eeeerrrhhhh..... I am a backpacker (I mean that I am also diving with my own gears) so is it only for high prices or did u find a cheap way to go and stay over there ?

People correct me, but I don't think diving is cheap in PNG/Raja due to the remoteness and logistics involved.

Maybe a local from Raja/PNG has compressor who you can stay with. But you need your own equipment.

Also, I wouldn't trust the air so much.

PNG is definitely an expensive destination. Raja Ampat depends very much on the boat. Travel to both is very time consuming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom