Liveaboard Leyte Recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tdog3261

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning a late Nov-early Dec trip. Limited info on the web. All recomendations appreciated.

thanks,

Hi !

Fun & Sun does organize dive safari in Southern Leyte from/to Cebu. We do stay overnights on land during such trip (days out at sea, nights on land). We have done "camping style trips", sleeping on board our traditional boat, but I would not call that lievaboard. LOL.

Im interested. Do you have a website with more info

I have pm you.:D

www.funsundivetravel.com has a couple of sample routes of safari we do, but we have countless itineraries around our base in Cebu. I am updating the safari pages as we speak and hope to have these up as soon as possible.

Hi Tdog3261,

The M/V Atlantis Azores goes to Southern Leyte. They are part of DivEncounters Alliance (founded by Peter Hughes) which lets you know that they meet high standards. More details are here:
Philippines.

I have not personally been on the boat but I will get you in touch with them directly if you would like. Just PM me.

Thanks,

David Clements
Liveaboard.com

1. Any of these two operators run schedule trip to Leyte? Not interested to charter the whole boat.
2. Where do they dive other than Sogod Bay? Is there any hard to get places in Leyte?
3. Rags II also went to Sogod Bay as part of its Visayas Trip.

1. Any of these two operators run schedule trip to Leyte? Not interested to charter the whole boat.

We do run sheduled trip to Leyte as well and expect to advise the 2012-2013 calendar within next week. Next couple of trips are Oct 26-29 and Nov 10-13.

2. Where do they dive other than Sogod Bay? Is there any hard to get places in Leyte?

On that particular Southern Leyte trip we focus on Sogod Bay dive sites (incl Limasawa Island, Padre Burgos). Other trips covers the rest of the known Visayas dive sites (Apo, Balicasag, Anda, Malapascua, etc...)

On that particular Southern Leyte trip we focus on Sogod Bay dive sites (incl Limasawa Island, Padre Burgos).
I can dive those places based on Padre Burgos eg. Peters. What is the attraction of staying on the boat?
I was hoping the liveaboard would cover Surigao or Siargao.

Just back from a privately arranged liveabord in Sogod Bay :)

Staying on the boat the way we sometimes do, is really a camping style sort of trip. We do have proper toiler and fresh water for rincing our cameras and takes really short showers on the deck..., but not much more (or yeah, good food :)). It is the whole experience of "camping at sea" that is an unique attraction. Waking up in a quiet bay before the sunrise, diving before breakfast, etc... Diving/Backpacking if I may say.:D We are looking into extending our "playground" so Surigao may be part of it in future...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom