Liveaboard info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wyman101

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:06: :06: Has anyone ever used The Junk or The Le Mahe... Any info would be great. Planning on being there from Oct 1st-Oct 15th. So far these are the only liveaboards that I can find runnig at that time of year. If anyone has any new info it would be a great help.

Thanks
Mike

wyman101:
:06: :06: Has anyone ever used The Junk or The Le Mahe... Any info would be great. Planning on being there from Oct 1st-Oct 15th. So far these are the only liveaboards that I can find runnig at that time of year. If anyone has any new info it would be a great help.

Thanks
Mike

Dived with the Junk several years ago - overall a great experience : nice cabins, excellent food and professional dive masters.

Personally I would probably not go in early October as the weather may not be ideal... Can't you try Malaysia or Indonesia if you can't delay your trip ?

Both boats are good, but completely different. There will be more boats running though at that time of year.

Whitehead is correct, the weather might not be too good, but: the diving is nice and quiet, with probably an occassional rain shower.

wyman101:
Has anyone ever used The Junk or The Le Mahe... Any info would be great. Planning on being there from Oct 1st-Oct 15th. So far these are the only liveaboards that I can find

Veeeery different boats. The Junk is huge, Le Mahe is small for one thing. Le Mahe has scheduled trips from early October to the Similan Islands. The Junk runs trips around local dive sites of Phuket and Phi Phi. The first Similan trip on The Junk is 18 - 24 October.

Weather - early October is very changeable. Can be sunny or can be rather poor. If you can come later, better. If that's the only time you have available, welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom