Liveaboard, extra charges after full payments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As well as getting a free week, buy 5 get 1 free.

As well as getting a free week, buy 5 get 1 free.

Can I get that free week on the Spree instead?

:d

Can I get that free week on the Spree instead?

:d

Sure thing, I have no problem with that! :cool2:

Actually the 5 Explorer Ventures trips have to be undiscounted - and then the average price paid is taken off your 6th trip. So our Crazy Insane trips wouldn't count towards your 6th, but more than 200 people have taken a free or really inexpensive 6th trip with us!

- Clay

I chartered the Turks & Caicos Explorer for our group in April of this year. Absolutely one of the best liveaboard experiences I have ever had. Great boat, food, diving, and hands down the best crew I have ever had. If any of you ever go, ask them about the swimming contest at the end of the week. They were all good sports about it and all came out winners! They were truly a lot of fun! I have no doubt I will book with them in the future.

BDSC

Check out Explorer Ventures current sale - week on Caribbean Explorer for $999. $5-grand would get you five full weeks on that boat!

We've done this trip. I was impressed with the organization of the company. Everyhting ran very smoothly, and the crew was great. But the actual diving on this itinerary ... well, let's just say the quality was "uneven", IMHO.

When the term all inclusive is thrown around anyplace, it's often referring to the basic content - room, food, diving if that applies, maybe some other "physical" things. It may include 3rd party stuff like taxes and fees, or not. Probably not Nitrox since that's optional, unless they have a special deal. Some may include tips and insist you don't, and some not.

As far as I'm concerned, getting hung up on any AI label is worrying about semantics. The only thing that matters is the bottom line, and if they disclose everything up front. And I've never seen any liveaboard that didn't take pains to disclose everything up front. (If they don't, definitely complain.) I've also NEVER run into any liveaboard that was unwilling to accept a tip on a credit card, and feel no need to take along a bunch of cash for this. If they didn't accept credit cards they would get way less in tips, and I'm sure they're well aware of that.

Back
Top Bottom