Liveaboard December 28 2019-Jan 4 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done the Belize boat twice (technically it was still Dancer then), both times in January. The weather was a bit cool the second time, but not bad. It's far enough south that you're a bit out of the main path of northwesterly winds/storms, unlike the Bahamas or TCI. Loved this trip both times and would do it yet again.

I also loved the Cayman Aggressor, although I did that one in March to help ensure getting to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, which were the best spots. Bloody Bay Wall was lovely.

Torn between Roatan and Belize aggressor:

Both would cost me about the same with flight, the Roatan trip is cheaper but flight is more expensive, and vice versa for Belize.

The biggest perk I see is the the BAIV has side by side twin beds, and the Roatan boat has bunks. I chose the top bunk on the T & C trip, as my room mate was a big guy, but I would prefer to not have to do that again.

What to do?!?!?!?!?!

yup, that bunkbed thing is a deal-breaker for me.

Kinda limits my choices, but BAIV was a good choice (3 times).

Torn between Roatan and Belize aggressor:

Both would cost me about the same with flight, the Roatan trip is cheaper but flight is more expensive, and vice versa for Belize.

The biggest perk I see is the the BAIV has side by side twin beds, and the Roatan boat has bunks. I chose the top bunk on the T & C trip, as my room mate was a big guy, but I would prefer to not have to do that again.

What to do?!?!?!?!?!
Have you checked flight costs between the 2 remaining options? Between the 2, I would probably go with Belize, assuming flight costs are similar-- for the bed situation and I think the diving will be more diverse. Both are solid options, but you can experience Roatan and have a wonderful experience land based there for less money than a liveaboard and get in more dives at a place like Coco View - I personally feel that Belize is best experienced via liveaboard and would be the only way to dive it (for me) - which I did on the BAIII last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom