Liveaboard Australia reputable company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tina L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I want a 7-day live aboard situation in Australia. I don't want to be scammed. I would love a good company to go through for that. I've contacted people that seem to be agents in Australia. Something wasn't right. I just need a good company.
Thank you,
Tina

SoF. They are the only LVB that goes to the outer reef (or, at least they were in 2019). They run short trips, like 5 or 3 nights; however, you can book 2 or even 3 consecutive trips with them.

SoF. They are the only LVB that goes to the outer reef (or, at least they were in 2019). They run short trips, like 5 or 3 nights; however, you can book 2 or even 3 consecutive trips with them.

That's plain misinformation.

Mike Ball (Spoilsport) and Spirit of Freedom are the go-to liveaboards out of Cairns, and both have been running for more than 20 years. They both typically run 7-8 days trips, some of which you can disembark half way for an island flight back.

There are also a handful of other liveaboards that typically run 2-3 night trips, which all go to the outer reef, but not as far north as the longer trips.

That's plain misinformation.

Mike Ball (Spoilsport) and Spirit of Freedom are the go-to liveaboards out of Cairns, and both have been running for more than 20 years. They both typically run 7-8 days trips, some of which you can disembark half way for an island flight back.

There are also a handful of other liveaboards that typically run 2-3 night trips, which all go to the outer reef, but not as far north as the longer trips.
Thank you so much for this information. I could do three or four nights on liver board then go to Lady Elliott Island. Would you do that? The manta rays are very tempting to see. I’ll be going in December. Still, I understand I can see them at that time, thank you so much for your help.

Thank you so much for this information. I could do three or four nights on liver board then go to Lady Elliott Island. Would you do that? The manta rays are very tempting to see. I’ll be going in December. Still, I understand I can see them at that time, thank you so much for your help.

I've never dived Lady Elliot, so can't really offer any advice there. Most of the liveaboards depart Cairns, which is readily accessible by domestic airlines via major Australian airports (eg Sydney/Brisbane) with A320 or 737 size aircraft. Lady Elliot is a bit more remote, and is accessibly via light aircraft only, with very limited luggage allowance and hefty fees for excess baggage.
If Lady Elliot is a stop on a longer trip, I would suggest finding somewhere to store most of your luggage and only taking the bare minimum to Lady Elliot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom