Live on Board - Southern Islands - The Junk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briefer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

because of my holidays availability, I have two weeks to spend on September and I would like to go on a LOB departinf from Phuket.

I know this is not the best time of the year to go, and all the LOBs are closed until november. But I have found that The Junk Liveaboard diving in Phuket Thailand, Similan Islands Liveaboard Thailand - The Junk has a route since August to October to the Southern Islands.

The route:

[h=2]Day 1 Departure Chalong Bay[/h][h=2]Day 2 full day diving Racha Yai and Racha Noi[/h][h=2]Day 3 full day diving Phi Phi Islands[/h][h=2]Day 4 full day diving Shark point, King Cruiser, Anemone reef and Koh Doc Mai[/h][h=2]Day 5 Disembark in Chalong Bay

[/h]

How is the weather in that time of the year? are the Southern Islands worth the trip, or should I wait for November?

cheers

All the divesites on this trip are easily accessble by daytrip. It will be less comfortable, but all in all a lot cheaper. All in all with the weather uncertainty that time of year, uncertainty of getting trips confirmed and access to divesites I would recommend to join in November, not in September.

Thanks!

Finally I have changed my holidays to november-december :wink:

Last edited:
Nove and Dec diving from liveaboards offers some great trips, you can do both the Similan and Surin area as well as the south Andaman with Phi Phi, Koh Haa and Hin Daeng and Muang.
Trips to the north are generally 4 days and nights and the south can be done in 2 days, but 3 is much preferable as the diving there is great and less crowded.
You can do a combined 7 day and night trip too to see the best of both.

I can recommend the combined 7 day north and south trip with Scuba Cat. What a great feeling it was to get to stay on the boat for another 3 days when some of the other guests had to leave after the first 4 days to the north! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I did a liveaboard with them 2 years back and I only have to say good things about the boat, the food and particularly the crew.
One of the best liveaboard experiences I have ever had though this had also to do with the site itself (East Timor).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom